Planning Your PCS
- Report Date give us a call and let us know your report date (360) 250-3400 This way, we can help you do some planning before your arrival. If you are already here, we can help you purchase quickly by getting you a quick pre-approval.
- Have your financials ready and here are a few things you will need to get ready for your pre-approval:
1) LES/Pay stubs
2) w2's last 2 years
3) Bank statements last 2 months consecutive all pages
4) Driver's license for all borrowers
5) Any additional asset statements quarterly or monthly all pages (only if these assets statements are being used for any down payment or closings costs)
6) Know your nearest living relative information full name, relation, address city state and zip and phone number
7) Copy of your PCS orders
- Know your purchase price we will be going over your LES and financial statements, obtain your VA Certificate, and confirming your entitlement. Whether this is your first time using your entitlement or 2nd time we can help you and provide you with your options with your remaining entitlement. In some cases we may recommend that if you’ve already used your entitlement we may switch you to another loan program.
- Know the market it's always essential to understand current market conditions for property values when purchasing in any community in Washington. Additionally you will want to know the travel time/distance to each of the gates too where you will be commuting.. You'll also want to educate yourself and pay attention to the price ranges, the different communities, new construction taxes compared to already built homes, your monthly budget as it translates to a purchase price and many other things you'll consider to make good financial decisions.
- Review of your financials We will go over your LES and financial statements, obtaining your VA Certificate and confirming your entitlement. Whether this is your first time using your entitlement or you already own a home (and you want to have a 2nd home on your certificate AKA Tier 2/Bonus entitlement), we can help you figure things out.
- Find A Great Realtor If you already have a Real Estate agent, please give us their name so we can send them a pre-approval letter. Most agents like to make sure that you are pre-approved before they show you any properties. If you do not have an agent, we can recommend professionals from communities around your duty station. All of them are military specialists or have worked with military buyers in some capacity or other. Find An Agent
- Since 2001, we have helped Veterans and Active Duty military personnel who have PCS’d to Washington State. We will help you successfully navigate all the complexities of your VA home loan to buy and/or refinance using your entitlement. We have many people who have PCS’D from Germany, Greece, Italy, Hawaii as well as many other countries and the contiguous states. We are an experienced group of professionals with families and ties to the military. We will work very hard for you during the lending process and make sure we take care of all the details.
- Thank you for letting us take the stress out of your next PCS!
Tim Barlow President/Hard Worker/ and VA Home Loan Specialist since 2001